Being a Charter member means being a part of one of the most vibrant social communities on campus. We bring a big emphasis on the two things that college students love: food and social events.
Charter members have full access to a fun and exciting social and events calendar including regularly headliner musical and comedy acts. Our lavish formal events are the envy of the Street, and have been since the famed Firehouse Section Party of 1930. We hold semiannual lawn-sports tournaments, and plan exciting trips to local and distant venues. Charter fields a full range of intramural sports teams, who compete and thrive at the highest levels of intramural competition while constantly promoting Club camaraderie.
Privileges & Benefits of Charter Club Membership
- 19 meals per week prepared by expert staff.
- 3 dinners and 2 brunches a week with waiter-service.
- 2 pub-night dinners a week.
- Freshly made-to-order “restaurant-style” breakfasts.
- 5 complementary guest meals per semester.
- Featuring amazing food at Houseparties, energetic bands at Lawnparties, and more!
- Semiformal events featuring comedians, magicians, and even hypnotists
- Special access to a members’ hour and members drinks during Charter Friday.
Full House Privileges
- Grand dining room with new custom-made leather chairs.
- TV Room, with giant flat-screen TV, surround sound, and stadium seating.
- The newly-renovated Upstairs Dining Room (UDR), complete with another giant flat-screen, arcade machines, new tables and leather chairs.
- A large computer cluster with fast gaming PCs and several multi-monitor setups.
- The Ferguson-Jacobs Card Room, with its resurfaced leather-bound center table and several smaller bridge side-tables.
- The beautiful and spacious John A. Stewart library.
- Expansive grounds, including a sand volleyball court and basketball hoop.
A Member for Life
Once you are a Charter member, you are a member forever. Every year we see flocks of alumni, clothed in Charter’s maroon and gold, return to the Indestructible to meet old friends, reminisce on their good times at Princeton, and enjoy themselves. The friendships in our club span many generations and last a lifetime.
We greatly encourage any and all sophomores to come to our sophomore meals and recruitment events.
Whether you’ve never set foot in the club before, you’ve only been here on Charter Friday and didn’t know the Great Room has furniture, or you’re here all the time with upperclassmen members, we’re sure you’ll enjoy getting to know our members and other prospective sophomores.
Whether you come alone or with friends, you’ll always be welcome at Charter events.